The PICE Mission
To advance the welfare of our members and the development and prestige of the civil engineering profession and to be a dynamic force in nation building.
The PICE Vision
The leader among professional organizations known globally for professionalism, integrity, excellence and social responsibility – A key player in nation building.
The PICE Core Values
The PICE Qatar Chapter was established in Doha, Qatar, on 25 May 2007 by twenty five Filipino Civil Engineers. These 25 Founding Members hailed from different regions of the Philippines and were employed by various engineering and construction companies involved in various aspects of civil engineering and construction activities in the development of State of Qatar.
The Founding Members elected among themselves a set of Interim Officers to run the affairs of the new professional organization headed by Engr. Roy L. Baquiran as its Founding President. On 17 June 2007, the PICE Qatar Chapter was recognized by the Philippine Embassy in Qatar, through H.E. Ambassador Isaias F. Begonia, as a non-profit organization of Filipino Civil Engineers working in the State of Qatar, dedicated to establishing and maintaining an organization that embodies the common ideals and aspirations, and supports the continuing professional development of its members through education and training with newly established engineering information and advancements through lectures, seminars and research. During the following months, a massive information campaign was launched and membership registration drive was carried out. The establishment of the PICE Qatar Chapter was warmly received by significant number of Qatar based Filipino Civil Engineers who joined the organization and registered with the Chapter. On 21 September 2007, the PICE Qatar Chapter request for accreditation was approved by the PICE National Board through the National President Juanito P. Abergas and Chapter Affairs Committee Chairman
Ronaldo S. Ison. The PICE Qatar Chapter is now recognized as a PICE International Chapter – Charter No. 03.
Formation of International Chapters:
“Upon the approval of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to the amended By-laws (November 25, 1999), the formation of International Chapters was made possible.
The chapters, which are based on other countries, is a manifestation of our
commitment to reach-out to Filipino Civil Engineers around the world. We strongly advocate the formation of International Chapters in order to
establish a more concrete point of union for Filipino Civil Engineers”
– PICE NATIONAL
Would you like to become our member?
INSTRUCTIONS on how to join PICE Qatar:
- Submit copy of Diploma for Associate Members and copy of PRC ID for Regular Members, for verification purposes in PICE National.
- Download and fill up the Membership Form at www.piceqatar.com and attached 2 x 2 photos (2 copies)
- Pay QAR 200 as Registration Fee plus previous arrears if any (upon PICE National verification)
Why Choose Us?
BENEFITS as PICE QATAR Chapter Member:
- You will receive first-hand information of new trends and development in the civil engineering profession through education and training from experts within the ranks or from invited guest lecturers through lecture-seminars/workshops and researches.
- You will be able to interact and share your knowledge on current issues and trends with leaders and experts in the field of construction engineering and management and other fields of specialization.
- The launching of the PICE QATAR Website will provide all members 24-hour access to all news, events, and activities of the organization wherever they may be.
- Avail of any accredited CPD programs.
- Availability and maintenance of a fraternal support system within the general membership by:
- Pooling resources and giving a helping hand for laid-off or “finished-contract” members in looking for new job opportunities within the State of Qatar.
- Extending a hand to PICE Qatar Chapter members in dire needs, charitable institution in cases of national calamities in our country (Philippines), and co-civil engineers in the State of Qatar.
- Facilitating programs for the reintegration of the PICE Qatar Chapter members into the mainstream of Philippine communities after working for many years outside of the Philippines.
- Opportunities to hone your leadership skills by actively participating in PICE Qatar activities and by enlisting as members of various committees or become an officer of the organization.
- Getting involved in the many humanitarian causes and advocacies of the organization.
- You will be part of a prestigious association of Filipino Civil Engineers in an international arena.
- Fostering and developing a sense of pride, responsibility and camaraderie in the civil engineering profession.